Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Art is in what the day brings

Yesterday I flew back to North Carolina from Texas. As we took off from Dallas, it hardly seemed possible that I had been there for nearly a week, and that I went to be there for my mother and siblings after the death of my father. What I remembered most were the stories we told, the music we sang and heard, and the flowers.



Advent is upon us, and Daddy's new beginning seems perfectly timed with the season. I post here this brief note and a snowy poinsettia, one that I am currently embellishing for an art piece. Next is one glimpse of the sunrise on my last morning in Texas.



Welcome to the beauty of the season. Savor what the day brings.

Lynda

1 comment:

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Beautiful Pics!

Blessed Holiday Season to you and your family!