Thursday, August 30, 2007

Looking forward to the weekend -- make art!

It's Thursday night. I'm tired but I need to do some washing. My wonderful housekeeper is coming tomorrow, and I know that by the time I drag myself in the door tomorrow evening, I'll be tired, but oh, so glad to see the squeaky clean kitchen and everything else in its place. Wow. What a well-worth-it extravagance!!!!

This weekend I will read the stack of old letters and scan some old postcards I have been hoarding. I have one of a Japanese woman in traditional dress. It appears to be a photo, but it has been hand-colored and is gorgeous.

I'm not writing much tonight, but wanted to share something I made last year for my exploratory music class. We were learning about ballads, and my favorite example is "One Tin Soldier", so I made a poster while I was thinking about it.



The background is a wallpaper scrap, then there is some music manuscript, and the top layer is a scan of a letter written home from the front during WWI by a French soldier. I added the text and that was that. Maybe some of my new letters will tell me what to do with them!

Goodnight from my messy table.

Lynda

1 comment:

SC-The Artful Mama said...

Hi Lynda! You sure have a great blog....love your work. I'm completely clueless about digital collage, but I enjoy the eye candy very much! :)
Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog!! I appreciate your visit and I'll be keeping track of your artistic adventures!
Susan Chong
The Artful Mama
www.theartfulmama.blogspot.com