Sunday, July 26, 2009

Memories for the weekend - for Art!

Memories - Yours AND Others!

Here is a piece I created using "instant ancestors" -- i.e., vintage photos I purchased or was given. I added a nice gradient and cleaned up some items I didn't want included, as well as added text. I believe in combining all media for optimum effect!

"Gloria Jean and Mama" -- named for a girl whose childhood photo I discovered years ago. I loved the name and used it here. Obviously, she is standing beside "Mama".



Ever give in to that urge to go through that old box of photo albums? You know -- the ones that are probably filled with precious memories NOT saved in acid-free albums? I did that this weekend -- or I have BEGUN the process, at any rate. One of the groups of photos I have pulled is a group of pics of my daughter when she was 6. All it took was scanning, then cleaning up, the photos. Here is one:



And while I am on the topic of collecting, and restoring, old photos -- I should raise again my ideas with you of collecting items that may not be YOUR own family vintage, but which may speak to you in some ways. I will post here one or two scans of items that I intend to use as part of my art.



I hope this item from My Private Museum gives everyone some ideas for your own art. Happy collecting!

Lynda

No comments: