Saturday, April 5, 2008

Spring photos AND Round Robin Art

Good afternoon! It is raining here in NC (still) and I am glad...glad for a cool rainy Saturday to be indoors, AND glad that our long-winded drought may be winding down somewhat!

I worked on some flower photos today and printed some for my "new" room upstairs, so I will share one here. I have made several versions, but this one is my favorite.



In addition, I am sending off my Round Robin journal, begun with friends from the Visual Journaling workshop I attended in February. There are 20 artists contributing to each journal. My theme is "travel" -- no surprise -- and I am posting here my cover design (modified from my latest poster design), as well as the first two sets of pages.



The first set is watercolored, then ink-outlined, and last I decorated two envelopes, one to show the "to" -- TO my artist friends -- and the other to be opened and read by those colleagues as they receive my journal. There are instructions inside the envelope, as well as a list of all the participants and the order in which the journals should travel.



The second set is 2 digital collages, each begun by scanning some old journal pages, then with travel photos layered on top. I printed those pages, then took permanent ink and journaled around each element.




I will be adding pages to the other nineteen people's journals throughout the next 20 months, then each of us should receive our original journal with everyone's contributions! So exciting.

I hope you all have a marvelous weekend -- look for me here again soon, and be sure to leave me comments or send messages!

Lynda

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm a little late having just picked up my latest Cloth, Paper, Scissors and wanted to tell you how impressed I was with the article about you and your work. It's amazing...and I'm enjoying your blog as well!

Mary lin Huskamp said...

Your article in CPS was FANTASTIC!! I LOVE your work and truly enjoy your blog. THANK you for sharing!

Hugs